Skip to main content

there are bloggers and there are Bloggers

i follow a blogger called http://fabulosityunwritten.blogspot.com/, and read the following on her blog that hit a deep cord somewhere:

"I'm bored out of my mind,I decided to kill some time by evaluating the last year:

Faith

Like many people, this wasn't a strong year for me in that department.I recently came to the realization that the only reason I'm aChristian is because that was the religion I was born into. The funny thing is I didn't even grow up in a church-every-Sunday kind of home, and truth be told, I dreaded the daily 6 – 7 pm praise and worship sessions that spanned at least 5 years of my childhood (my auntintroduced it to our house and it only lasted until she moved out). But one way or the other, early on in my life, I was introduced to theBible and to the concepts of God and Jesus and grace and salvation and they have stuck with me since then. I still believe in those things because somehow my conscience won't let go of them, but this year, I found myself questioning some of the beliefs that Christianity supports. Things like abortion (I personally wouldn't do but I don't see any reason should be illegal) that the church frowns upon, or drinking alcohol (I really like my margaritas, sorry) which apparentlyis not encouraged even if you're not getting drunk, or homosexuality (I am of the opinion that there are too many gay people in the worldfor anyone to successfully conclude that ALL of those people chose to be gay, and if gay people are born that way, why does anyone thinkthey have the right to ban them from church for something they had nosay in?) which is a direct contradiction to what the Bible preaches.I've always been an all or nothing girl, so the idea of selectivelyagreeing with what the Bible preaches to suit one's needs doesn't really go down well with me. Sometimes I feel like I know what I need to do to have peace of mind with regards to my faith, but I don't knowif I'm quite ready to make that leap yet. In 2009, I didn't spend alot of time finding answers to the questions that have been nagging atme; I plan to do so in 2010, though. Or maybe in 2011. Hopefullybefore the supposed end of the world in 2012. LOL"

Some people were born to express their opinion...and yes, there's a whole lot of opinion on blogger. from those who think easter should be renamed "Happy Gullibility Day" (http://eche-crates.blogspot.com/), to those who think they have finished living the first half of their lives, its really all worth knowing that everyone believes in something, and that i will never completely agree with any single person's opinion, ever.

later, peeps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of #MoreThanPlatitudes

Look at this picture. That's one of the children being rescued from a collapsed school building in Lagos, Nigeria. You don't have a be a parent and I won't pander to your better instincts. Tell me this is acceptable or should be allowed to occur again. The President sent condolence messages and the Governor visited the site then said the state emergency services will do all they can cliched response. the end. and people moved on. The heartbreaking pictures of the children pulled out half dazed with cement dust all over their little noses (Exhibit A) did not let me sleep last night. I have gone to drop a comment on the governor's pages on all social media platforms that we need #MoreThanPlatitudes 🚫❌ We need to hear what policy changes are triggered by the death of these babies. The Commissioner of Education must address Lagosians and set up a project team with the Commissioner for Works or Town Planning etc to undertake an immediate structural integrity test

moved to wordpress - https://simplyoroquesview.blog/

Dear Reader, It appears blogger.com is on its way out. It will always be my first intro to blogging and holds a special place in my heart. However I cannot run two blog sites at once and have to move away from here permanently. My new site is: https://simplyoroquesview.blog/ This will stay up as long as possible but with no further blog posts or updates. See you at my new site! RQ

of #BalanceForBetter

With the global movement shifting women forward, making them outspoken and addressing negative patriarchal activities that have gone on for decades...it has been a great year for moving women forward. The concept of gender equality is now universally accepted and even religious leaders have come to openly embrace the concept as not being against godly teachings. The place of the woman is now everywhere, no more is her definition of success measured by the ability to be submissive to a man or to cook and iron and clean. And although feminism is still under attack in half the world where conservative traditional way of life still holds sway, there has been immense improvement in female child education, reduction of female genital mutilation, plus girl child marriage and trafficking is being fought head on. It is a great time to be a woman. This year, companies and corporate organizations around the world are making a conscious effort to balance the pay gap in the workplace. When H