Skip to main content

Of the same old pet peeve

So two things. One delightful, the other not so much.

Good news is I just stumbled on the "blogger" app on the app store. Epic. This means I do not need any more cumbersome sign in processes just to post. Sometimes that alone discourages you. You first open the internet browser then open blogger then sign in then click New etc etc. You get the drift. Now it is an app on my iPad that I've signed into permanently and all I do is click It open and type. Sweet! [in Eric Cartman's voice].

The trigger that got me to check for this app was a not so good one. I was there on Twitter trudging along peacefully when I saw the link to dr.sid new track featuring tiwa savage. You know I'll click anything with tiwa (don't judge a nigger). As usual she has most of the goods on display so no complaints there. However, again as usual Dr.sid remains underwhelming. From the beginning of his career he always strikes me as a benz being driven by my grandmother. He just seems to take the easy road with his music. There just seems to be so much more he is capable of but that he doesn't even put the energy to even try. Case in point, we spend the full one minute into the video repeating exactly the same phrase over and over. Not even a catchy phrase, just a random line about not turning him on our something random. D'banj and MayD do a better job of being tacky with barely shielded sexual innuendo. You either go big with anything or go home.

And then, although tiwa struggled to save the song through her display of ample bosom, I can't seem to get the picture of a tired married woman out of my head which made her repeated chorus of us wanting to take off her clothes and ending with licky licky something completely inappropriate. I know I'm majorly biased because I have beyonce's "partition" as my most played video on my iphone, so nothing against tiwa playing up the 'everybody wants me' card, but maybe in a song with her husband as the guy would not rub against my grain so much. No I'm not a prude damn it.

Anyway, I don't know why I keep having hopes for improved nigerian music but after dorobucci I could have sworn we were on track. Apparently not. New year, same old music. O well.

You can watch the video here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FEGZsIS3-WQ

Let me know if I expect too much in the comment section below.

Later peeps.

Comments

YankeeNaija said…
lol. No. You don't expect too much. I think that's for music in general. As long as we don't demand or expect better, we'll continue to get whatever they give us.
Toinlicious said…
Please, i'm tired of most of the music in Nigeria. I'm still trying to get over Wizkid's "in my bed" with the nonsense eleniyan addition. Jaiye Jaiye was messed up like that too. We;'' get there i guess

Popular posts from this blog

Of #MoreThanPlatitudes

Look at this picture. That's one of the children being rescued from a collapsed school building in Lagos, Nigeria. You don't have a be a parent and I won't pander to your better instincts. Tell me this is acceptable or should be allowed to occur again. The President sent condolence messages and the Governor visited the site then said the state emergency services will do all they can cliched response. the end. and people moved on. The heartbreaking pictures of the children pulled out half dazed with cement dust all over their little noses (Exhibit A) did not let me sleep last night. I have gone to drop a comment on the governor's pages on all social media platforms that we need #MoreThanPlatitudes 🚫❌ We need to hear what policy changes are triggered by the death of these babies. The Commissioner of Education must address Lagosians and set up a project team with the Commissioner for Works or Town Planning etc to undertake an immediate structural integrity test

moved to wordpress - https://simplyoroquesview.blog/

Dear Reader, It appears blogger.com is on its way out. It will always be my first intro to blogging and holds a special place in my heart. However I cannot run two blog sites at once and have to move away from here permanently. My new site is: https://simplyoroquesview.blog/ This will stay up as long as possible but with no further blog posts or updates. See you at my new site! RQ

of #BalanceForBetter

With the global movement shifting women forward, making them outspoken and addressing negative patriarchal activities that have gone on for decades...it has been a great year for moving women forward. The concept of gender equality is now universally accepted and even religious leaders have come to openly embrace the concept as not being against godly teachings. The place of the woman is now everywhere, no more is her definition of success measured by the ability to be submissive to a man or to cook and iron and clean. And although feminism is still under attack in half the world where conservative traditional way of life still holds sway, there has been immense improvement in female child education, reduction of female genital mutilation, plus girl child marriage and trafficking is being fought head on. It is a great time to be a woman. This year, companies and corporate organizations around the world are making a conscious effort to balance the pay gap in the workplace. When H